On May 14th 2020, the Ontario government announced that veterinary clinics can resume regular services on May 19th but still have to maintain social distancing measures. What does this mean?
- We will resume regular routine visits (yearly exams and vaccinations along with parasitic screening and dispensing parasite preventatives) – if you received a reminder in the past 6 weeks we can now schedule these appointments.
- Resume elective procedures like spays, neuters and dental prophy’s
- Continue curb side pick-up for medications and food (call to preorder medications and food)
- Continue receiving patients in the parking lot and taking a history
- Because of continued staff shortages we are extending our current hours but not back to our regular hours before the shut down.
- They will be:
Monday, Tuesday. Thursday, Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am to 1:00pm
Saturday and Sunday – Closed
We are expecting a large rush of clients calling the clinic to book an appointment since we have deferred 6 weeks of routine visits. Please be patient with us as we are working with limited staff during this time. A better option that gives you the best flexibility is to book An appointment online using our online scheduler.
- Go to www.robinsonvet.ca
- Scroll down the page to “Make an Appointment” and click “Book Now”
- From there, if you are a new online user and your an existing client you can “Find your account” or if your new to the practice you can “Create Account”
- Returning users can Login using their credentials they have previously created.
- Once logged in to your portal your pets are listed and you can “book appointment” for that pet.
Also you can download the MyPetsWellness App on your iPhone and have all your pets information with you and book appointments on the go.
How do I get my parasite prevention for the rest of the season?
In order to get everyone what they need in a timely manner we are splitting things in two categories.
- If your yearly wellness exam and vaccinations are due in the months of May, June and July please call the clinic and we can start you on your parasite prevention and we will do the parasitic screening when you are in for your appointment.
- If your wellness appointment is in months outside of the above months we will get your pet in for its parasitic screening using the side door exit to our room 3. We can quickly get a blood sample and return your pet and still maintain minimal contact between staff and client
Please call the clinic if your not sure when you are due for your yearly exam or use the pet portal site above.
Thank you to everyone for your understanding at this time and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Dr. Brent Robinson