Hello everyone. Just thought I would give an update what is happening around the clinic and some procedural updates on when you arrive here with your urgent case.
First off, clinic hours until further notice will be: See back here for updates on this and they will also be posted on our Facebook Page
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9:00-4:00pm
Wednesday 9:00-1:00 – We will continue to be closed Saturday and Sunday
What we are doing?
Some of the things we are doing to get through this period helping our patients and clients are:
- Dispensing Flea/Tick prevention to keep pest free until June when Heartworm prevention needs to start – see curbside pickup below
- Utilization of MyVetStore for online ordering – It’s quick and simple with free delivery to your door. *
- NOW! Using MyVetStore you can purchase your flea and tick prevention
- Building is closed to the public, using parking lot to receive patients into the clinic that need to be seen.
- Scheduling Urgent appointments only and scheduling every 30min to prevent overlap of clients.
- Implementing Telemedicine when indicated over the phone and via photos over email.
- Will be starting video telemedicine consultation service in the next week. It will be new so be patient.
- Payment via CC over the phone/etransfer to [email protected] or via mobile terminal in the parking lot (wiped after each use).
- Posting How To videos on YouTube of the common things people have trouble doing with their pet at home. Go to YouTube
Procedure to follow if you have an urgent case
- Call the clinic first 519-542-9588 (this goes for telemedicine cases as well) DO NOT just email us photos as we need more information.
- Speak with one of our trained staff members for triage and to assess whether we need to see the pet or we can help via telemedicine.
- can discuss if we can deal with the issue via video telemedicine
- If the case can be diagnosed without physical presence then can prescribe medications and directions how to treat.
- Pick up meds at our curb side area outside at the front of the clinic (see below) – any questions please call
Curbside Pickup – Instructions
1: Call ahead to order what you need at 519-542-9588
2: If we have the product in stock then we can get you an invoice total and you can pay by credit card over the phone or via etransfer to [email protected]
3: The product will be placed in one of 6 bins in alphabetical order of last name for you to pick up. Larger items will be on a shelf below the bins.
Pet Food and Compounded Medications
Over the past 2-3 weeks we have been experiencing sporadic backorders and not receiving orders for food for 2-3 days after ordering. As well, our compounding pharmacy has been experiencing delays in getting orders filled and delivered. I encourage everyone who is on one of our speciality diets or a custom concentration compounded medication not to wait until the last minute to get another bag/cans or refill etc. As time goes on we are hopeful that this issue will resolve.
Even easier than calling is using the MyVetstore where you can go on and browse your favourite items and pay online, we will be notified of the order and can get you what you need. You will receive an email when the product is ready for pick-up then follow step 3 above.
NEW TO MYVETSTORE! – Get your flea and tick medication – order online and pick-up at the clinic using curbside pickup.
Check out our YouTube channel where we have made some informational videos to get you through this time. Like the videos and subscribe to the channel as we will be posting more from the clinic in the near future.
Take care and stay safe!
Dr. Brent Robinson
* Minimum $75 order before tax for free shipping on MyVetStore (prescription medications and Flea and tick medications do not count towards free shipping minimum) Free shipping offer ends April 30, 2020 after this will return to free shipping over $125.